Herewith we provide you with information on Personal Data processing in accordance with art. 13 of the EU Regulation 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) (hereinafter “GDPR”).
Your Personal Data will be collected and processed by Huawei Technologies Sweden AB, Isafjordsgatan 34, 164 40 Kista, Sweden hereinafter (“Huawei”) for the following purposes:
- Managing your registration for the event;
- Communicating with you in connection to the event or prizes;
- For marketing and promotion activities;
- Organizing the event and ensuring your safe participation to the event;
- Managing taxation and accounting in connection to the prizes.
Personal data will be obtained from you and for the abovementioned purposes we shall collect and process the following Personal Data:
- Name and surname
- Contact details (such as phone number, e-mail address, postal address)
- Educational data (such as degree, university)
- Social media presence and profile information
- Video interviews or your picture
Please be informed that Huawei will be recording and publishing videos from the event in i.e. Huawei official website, Huawei social media pages, job fares or university fairs and during other promotional activities. Individual interviews are conducted on exclusively voluntary basis, with the authorization and consent of the participant.
Legal basis for processing
Personal Data shall be processed based on:
- Art. 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR - the legitimate interests pursued by Huawei. The processing of personal data is essential for our business operations and in our mutual interests to maintain and develop our business and public relationships with different interest groups.
- Art 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR - processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract. Failure to provide your personal data will prevent you from participating to the event.
- Art. 6. (1) (c) of the GDPR - Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Huawei is subject (for example the duty to keep the records based on Accounting Act).
Transfers to third parties and cross-border data transfers
Huawei uses suppliers and service providers to organize the event efficiently and to guarantee your smooth and enjoyable participation. The processing of personal data in relation to our suppliers is always commissioned by us and the parties will act only on our behalf as personal data processors. Such processing is always protected with contractual arrangements to ensure that your personal data is processed in accordance with the laws and good data processing practices.
In a case our supplier is located outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) we ensure the adequate level of protection of your personal data with appropriate safeguards by using standard contractual model clauses approved by the European Commission.
Huawei Research and Development department will delete your personal data within 6 months after all necessary actions in connection to your participation to the event has been concluded.
Huawei will retain necessary personal data for accounting and taxation purposes according to applicable laws and regulations.
- You have the right to obtain from Huawei confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed and, where that is the case, access to a copy of the personal data and specific information about how Huawei processes the personal data.
- You have the right to obtain from Huawei the correction of inaccurate personal data concerning you and also the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
- You have the right to obtain from Huawei the erasure (deletion) of your personal data in particular circumstances.
- You have the right to obtain from Huawei restriction of processing in particular circumstances.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in particular circumstances.
If you want to exercise your privacy rights, have privacy issues, want to lodge a privacy complaint or want to raise a general data protection enquiry to our Data Protection Officer (DPO), please use our Data Subject Right Portal, available at:
You have also the right to lodge a complaint with the local supervisory authority if consider that your personal data is no processed according to this privacy statement or applicable laws. List of relevant national Data Protection authorities:
HUAWEI AI HACKATHON